Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Neath Port Talbot
On the W side of Glynneath, reached by a drive NW off the B4242.
Ruins of a large mansion of possibly medieval to C19 date, abandoned in later C20. Neuadd Pergwm was celebrated by bards in the C15-16, and was owned from c. 1560 by the Williams family formerly of Blaen Baglan. The house had a central pediment and crenellations in the mid C19 before large additions were made in 1876 for M. S. Williams who added a new front range with neo-Elizabethan detail and long gallery on top floor. Leased to the National Coal Board who mined in the park, abandoned and derelict, the roofs and upper floor collapsed.
Ruins of a large mansion, abandoned and derelict, the roofs and upper floor collapsed. Windows with painted surround on 2 levels of ruined facade with hoodmoulds to ground floor. Chimneys to N end.
Reason for designation
Included as the ruins of an important South Wales gentry house.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]