Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Church of St David
Behind the larger Church of Saint Paul, opposite the Police station.
Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Built as the Welsh Church in a 1902-3, by Douglas and Fordham, architects, of Chester.
Squared random limestone rubble with red sandstone dressings, and red plain tiled roof. A low building comprising nave with apsidal chancel at the west end. Perpendicaular style. Entrance in E facing gable in lean-to timber framed porch, with 3-light traceried window above. The main body of the church is articulated as 4 unequally sized bays by raking buttresses, with flat headed windows of 2 and 3 lights. A slate hung bell turret surmounts the roof at the east end, square in plan, raking up to an angled spirelet.
Single space divided into 5 bays by hammerbeam trusses, with simple chamfered wood arch and wrought iron scrolled rails made by a local blacksmith, David Jones, to apsidal sanctuary.
Reason for designation
Part of the an important group with the Church of Saint Paul, the Church Hall, and also with the Police Station opposite.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]