Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Clock Turret in Station Approach
Isle of Anglesey
In forecourt of entrance to Holyhead station and ferry terminal, reached via incline from main bridge over railway.
Gardens, Parks and Urban Spaces
Iron clock turret unveiled 17 June 1878 by Albert Edward, Prince of Wales to mark completion of old harbour extension; formerly stood approx 50m to N between former Station Hotel and dockside.
Each side has clock-face with Roman numerals set in aedicule (clock by Joyce of Whitchurch); ribands below face; this stage surmounted by urn finial set on pyramidal roof. Lower stage has Ionic columns to corners supporting moulded cornice, and plaques with swan-necked pediments, and inscriptions. Panelled plinth; small doorway to S.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]