Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Situated 150m SW of the crossroads at the centre of Scleddau.
Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Small Baptist chapel dating from 1859.
Rendered walls, the front facade colour-washed and lined horizontally. Half-hipped slate roof. NW front has two 9 pane gallery sash windows and small plaque inscribed 'Capel Sion 1859'. Single doorway has white painted recessed arch with keystone and infilled fanlight. SW and NE sides each have two long arched sash windows with intersecting tracery. Two arched windows at rear with C20 glazing.
Rendered wall lined as ashlar. Pitch pine pews. Three sided gallery on square marbled wooden posts, three each side. Gallery front panelled and grained. Ribbed and boarded roof with sloping sides. Boarded vestibule with one window with coloured glass boarders. Chapel interior has oil lamps on wrought iron standards, 4 on ground floor and 3 in gallery. Pulpit with steps up each side, pierced fretwork front and 2 oil lamps on adjustable brass standards.
Reason for designation
Included as a good example of a small rural chapel with original fittings.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]