Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Old Police Station
The building fronts the road close to the junction with Northop Road (A5119), and faces N towards the church.
Dated 1877 and by John Douglas, architect of Chester. Commissioned by John Bankes of the Soughton estate as a police station, court house and newsroom. The former police station was later used as a Public House.
No access to interior at time of inspection.
Reason for designation
Listed as an exceptional civic building of genuine rural character which displays the sensitivity of the architect John Douglas, in handling vernacular forms and materials.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]