Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Former Chapel at Lluesty Hospital
Immediately to N of the main hospital building with E gable end facing the road.
Health and Welfare
Built 1883-4 as the hospital chapel by John Douglas, architect of Chester.
Modern conversion to medical usage.
Early English Gothic. Rubble masonry with red sandstone dressings; slate roof, overhanging eaves and octagonal shingled fleche; later brick chimney stacks. Stepped 3-light end windows; to W, with relieving arch and set over the main entrance which has label and boarded doors; to E, with giant arch label, flanking buttresses and small outer lancets. Shallow pointed arch windows to 5-bay sides with raking buttresses.
Reason for designation
Group value with Lluesty Hospital.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]