Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Holy Trinity Church
Set in small churchyard near NE end of Greenfield; E end faces main road.
Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Begun 1870 by Ewan Christian, the well known church architect; cost ú2200. Chancel added 1910-11 by John Douglas, architect of Chester; cost ú1000. Early English Gothic.
Comprises nave with lean-to S aisle and stepped down chancel with vestry. Rubble with freestone dressings; slate roof with cresting and gabled bellcote to E end of nave. Low gabled S porch; near E end of the aisle is a gabled organ chamber with stepped 3-light window and blocked arch on E face indicates the more ambitious chancel that Christian planned. Stepped 3-light chancel windows; dated inscription. Alternating N side windows. Grander 5-light W window with tall central lancet.
An arcade with cylindrical piers and square uncut capitals; arched brace roof with stone brackets. 2-order chancel arch and canted boarded chancel ceiling. Gothic furnishings and painted reredos.
Reason for designation
Listed as a prominent ecclestical building in the Greenfield area designed by architects of national significance.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]