Whitewashed plastered walls with ashlar dressings. Fine C15 panelled roofs with moulded ribs and carved diagonally-set square bosses. Nave has roof of 17 x 6 panels with carved bosses and towards E end C15 painted carved figure of Christ surrounded by 4 angels. Minimal ashlar chancel arch, pointed with continuous mouldings cut into the soffit, dying into walls. Earlier C15 N arcade of 5 bays with continuous mouldings, deep hollow with ogee each side. The first arch from E is wider, perhaps replaced. S arcade of slightly later C15 date has column shafts with hollows between, leaf capitals and ovolo-moulded arches with hoodmoulds and crude carved head stops. More ornate oak-leaf capitals on 2nd arch from E. First arch from E is C19, taller and wider.
Chancel is in 2 parts, W end possibly C13 raised and reroofed c1470 when chancel was lengthened with new sanctuary reached by impressive flight of 10 broad stone steps, raised over an undercroft. Later C15 roof of 15 x 6 panels on 16 painted timber angel supporters with shields, each side, on stone 5-sided corbels. Thick moulded ribs and finely carved bosses, some near E end with name of Archdeacon John Smith, rector 1461-75, and 5 replaced, one dated 1856. W half of chancel has 5 plain clerestorey 2-light stone-mullion windows with leaded glazing, 3 to N and 2 to S, that lit a removed first floor chantry. S side has plastered pointed arch opening into tower to left and C15 2-bay arcade, pointed, with column shafts, hollow-moulded diagonal faces, moulded round capitals with crude leaf carving. Arches are ovolo-hollow-ovolo moulded. 3-bay N arcade to NE chapel with column shafts and 5-sided capitals, similar to NE chapel W arch. Segmental-pointed low arches of ogee/hollow/ovolo section. Sanctuary reached up 10 steps has Tudor-arched S door to SE vestry, roll-and-hollow mould with diagonal stop. Blocked S window to left.
N aisle has C19 roof of 13 bays with arch-braced collar trusses. Fine recess with C15 crocketted canopy and finials to left of door, containing tomb chest with Gothic panels and effigy of cadaver of a priest. To right of door, a cruder ogee cusped C15 tomb recess and much damaged fine effigy of a lady, apparently C14. E arch is column shafted like N chancel arcade, with 5-sided capitals and hollow-mould between shafts. Pointed arch of ogee-hollow-ovolo section.
NE chapel of St Nicholas has C19 painted panelled roof, 10 x 6 panels.
S aisle has broad C15 roof of 17 moulded arch-braced collar trusses. Mark of an arched head to left of W window. S wall is battered to right, then stepped back, presumably rebuilt. Deep splayed reveal to lancet over S door, which has cambered head. Shelf recess under 3rd window. E gable is stepped below eaves level. Pointed plastered arch to tower with splayed right jamb within wider pointed arch also with splayed jamb. Similar arch on tower N side. Small arch-headed recess, the round arch possibly reused. Blank panel marks entry to rood-loft stair blocked in C15. Tower base has high octagonal plastered vault and blocked SW door.
SE St Thomas Chapel has C19 3-sided panelled ceiling with diagonal boarding. Small opening on corbels under eaves on N wall is lower half of access to removed chancel loft chapel (the medieval roof was higher). Trefoil-headed medieval piscina on S wall. C19 moulded doorcase on E wall with blind tracery over. Fragment of carved stone in tower arch with date 1496 in Arabic numerals, from demolished W porch.
SE sacristy has trilobe roof and moulded fireplace on left wall.
Fittings: Altar: medieval altar slab restored to use 1889. Fonts: in SE chapel big plain octagonal C15 font, restored to the church in 1906 from churchyard; in N aisle ornate ashlar octagonal font by F A Walters, 1887, late Gothic with carved panels, the Evangelist symbols and 4 scenes. Octagonal spired font cover in oak with lucarnes and dove finial. Screen: NE chapel has screen moved from chancel, 1892, by A P Dawson, made by Hems of Exeter: Perp-style, 5 bays with thickly traceried heads. Reredos: NE chapel early to mid C20 carved wood reredos with some gilding, and late medieval style figures of the Annunciation. Rails to NE chapel, Gothic, timber 1908. Pulpit: 1634, timber, 7 sides each with rusticated arches under shields, one with angel and date, C19 base. Lectern: 1897 brass eagle with oak steps and brass rail. Pews:1850s to 1860s, stripped and limed in 1960s. Stalls: ornate oak stalls of 1903 with poppy-head finials, traceried panels, and with curved-back seats at W ends. Organ: 1869 by Vowles of Bristol. C19 boards with 10 Commandments in SE chapel. Much woodwork in limed oak of the 1960s and later, by Alban Caroe: sanctuary rails and panelling in chancel and in NE chapel, inner S and N porches, wall panelling at W end, and screen to W tower arch.
Monuments: In NE chapel. The Scotsborough monument to Margaret wife of Thomas ap Rees of Scotsborough (d 1610). fine C17 memorial with recumbent figure of wife below kneeling figure of husband at prie-dieu, in armour, in Corinthian columned frame with panelled cornice and strapwork-framed coat of arms above. Tomb chest has small figures of 7 children. The Bishop Tully monument: ashlar tomb chest to Bishop Robert Tully of St Davids (d 1482) with marks of lost brass effigy and canopy. In SE chapel: White monuments: Two chest tombs with effigies to Thomas White (d 1482) and his son John (d c1507), finely carved figures in contemporary dress. Alabaster chests each with 4 canopied panels of kneeling figures, shields in end panels. William Risam (d 1633) kneeling figure at prie-dieu, damaged, in frame of paired columns each with single Ionic capital. Rodolphus Mercer (d 1613), tomb chest with 2-panel front and strapwork ornament, rear wall plaque with fragmentary framing. Eroded C15 female effigy on floor. Medieval tomb slab on W wall with relief portrait head, the inscription to Isabella Perrot, 1463, possibly added.
Memorials: Nave: W end plaques to Lt Col E Voyle (d 1834) by Williams of St Florence; Lt Col L E Bruce earlier C19 neo-Grec, by Rowland of Tenby; William Jones of Croft Terrace (d 1850), simple neo-classical, by J Rogers of Tenby. E wall to C Tuder (d 1840) simple neo-classical by Lewis of Cheltenham. N aisle: W end plaque to Peggy Davies, bathing woman, died in the water, 1809, still working aged 82. N wall: J Ackland of Amroth Castle (d 1820) neo-Grec; John Moore of Moorehayes, Devon (d 1639) ornate little alabaster-framed memorial with scroll pediment. To right of porch: G Day (d 1823) by D Mainwaring; Bessie Henderson (d 1919) fine tile panel (opus sectile) Faith flanked by angels, probably by Powell of Whitefriars; Elizabeth Briggs (d 1857) Gothic, by Rogers of Tenby. NE chapel: Harry Morgan c1840 by Williams; Thomas Sleeman JP (d 1855) neo-Grec by Rogers. C20 plaque below to Col James Sleeman (d 1889) Chief Superintendent for the Suppression of Thuggee. S aisle: from right: John Bennett (d 1824); beaten copper plaque to Dr D. Reid (d 1924); Col Charles Ferrior (d 1863), military uniform draped on pedestal, by Burke of London. In W tower arch fine Corinthian column memorial of 1737 to Thomas Rogers (d 1693), and in aisle E end: Capt J Griffiths (d 1826), black marble with white urn; Morgan Williams, Chief in Ganjam and Senior in council at Madras, (d 1790), pillars and open pediment; Anne Mallory (d 1822), neo-Grec, by Tyley of Bristol. SE chapel: E end Capt Bird Allen (d 1841) mourning african with Union Jack, by E Physick; fine memorial of 1778 to Major R Lort killed at Fontenoy, urn on grey marble pedestal, by James Gheys; Elizabeth Philipps (d 1709) marble with floral panels to piers, cherub heads and skulls; T and C Cosby (dd 1807 and 1808) draped sarcophagus on armorial pedestal, by Tyley of Bristol. S wall Elizabeth Johnes (d 1730) Baroque stone and slate, with drapes, cornice with standing cherubs. Fine large ashlar memorial to John Philipps (d 1733) and Edward Phillips (d 1740) with scroll pediment, ornamented frieze, pilasters with scroll supports and shield below. W wall Rees Price (d 1729) ashlar pilastered frame with skulls and hour-glass. The 2 C18 carved portrait roundels above are presumably detached from a monument. Catherine & Grace Hickman (dd 1828 and 1832) neo-Grec with 2 urns and weeping figure at tomb, by Tyley. Brass with crude skull to John Sayes (d 1693). Peter Price (d 1809) plaque with urn by Philipps of Haverfordwest. Memorial to Robert Recorde C16 mathematician, with portrait relief, 1910, by Owen Thomas. Ellen Peel (d 1836) pedimented neo-Grec plaque by Rogers of Tenby.
Stained glass: W window of 1870 by Clayton & Bell, fine Resurrection with 5 scenes below, given by Mrs Howells of Croft Cottage. N aisle: W window clear glass of 1963; N side first, mid C20 glass by Hardman to Reed family, Annunciation; 2nd, exceptional Arts and Crafts glass of c1920 by Karl Parsons, to Lt-Col H M Henderson, (killed 1917), Christ and soldier, flanked by warrior angel and female figure; 3rd, four shields, 1985, by Baker of Weston-S-Mare. NE chapel: 3rd, c1920 to Helen Knowling (d 1916) by Kempe & Co, St Mary; E: 1894 by W G Taylor, of St Nicholas, to Morgan family of Greenhill. Chancel: N:1908, Arts and Crafts style, 3 lights with Virgin & Child in centre, by Karl Parsons, to Rev G Huntingdon; E: fine 5-light window, 1856, by Wailes, to Rev W Tuder, with 10 New and Old Testament scenes on blue grounds, Crucifixion on red. S aisle: W: by Kempe & Co, 1921, World War memorial, crucified Christ triumphant and 4 tiers of figures of angels, saints and virtues; S side: tiny first window with 3 female saints, c1922.