Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Situated in own grounds just S of the dam of the Upper Neuadd Reservoir.
Dated 1896 MTUDC, built for Merthyr Tydfil Urban District Council in association with the Neuadd reservoirs.
House, purple rock-faced squared stone with grey sandstone ashlar dressings and slate roofs. Two storeys, with bargeboards to gables and renewed casement windows, some with top-lights. S front has gable to right and large corniced ridge stack just left of gable. Gable has pair of windows each floor in flush rusticated ashlar surrounds with flush sills, each with casement pair window. Centre long narrow stair-light, single casement with top light in similar ashlar surround. Left projecting narrow gable with large cross-window in similar surround above entrance. Entrance has door in ovolo-moulded ashlar surround with lintel in a flush band under another ashlar band, slightly stepped forward to jetty the upper floor, the forward projection cut back for 18 and 96 carved each side of the doorhead. Sunk centre panel with M.T.U.D.C. in raised letters. There is a small lean-to in angle to left with coped parapet and small ashlar-framed single light.
Right end has large lean-to with slate-hung front wall over conservatory with renewed glazing, canted S end and rock-faced purple stone low walls.
Not available for inspection.
Reason for designation
Included for its special historic interest as a well-built late Victorian house of definite quality and character, built as part of the Neuadd reservoir system.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]