Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Set in its own grounds approximately 0.5km NW of junction with A485 at New Inn.
Built in the mid C19 and advertised for let in 1859. The house is first shown on the 1888 Ordnance Survey.
A small late-Georgian style country house of 2 storeys with basement and attic, and 3 bays. Of rubble stone with flat stone arches to the windows, shallow end pilasters to the main elevations, slate roof on projecting eaves, plastered and part renewed with plasterboard, and roughcast brick end stacks. In the front elevation the central entrance is within a full-height bow, and has a panel door beneath a radial-glazed overlight. The upper storey of the central bay is concealed behind a later pebble-dashed gabled projection, which is open-fronted in the lower storey to form a porch. Windows are 16-pane hornless sashes. The central gable has a single-casement beneath a semi-circular overlight. In front of the L-hand bay are iron railings in front of a lower passage in front of the basement, which has replaced windows. The 2-window gable ends both have 12-pane hornless sashes set to the outer sides. In the L gable end, where the ground level is lower, are 2 inserted basement windows and a later kitchen projection to the R. The 2-bay rear has full-height bow windows with 12-pane sashes.
The central hall has a simple late-Georgian staircase. Both ground and first floors have a long transverse room to the rear divided to the middle by sliding partitions. The drawing room ceiling retains simple Adam-style detail. Most chimney pieces have been removed, but 6-panelled doors, panelled shutters and moulded cornices survive to the hall and principal rooms.
Reason for designation
Listed as a largely unaltered late-Georgian style small country house.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]