Tall aisled nave (lacking clerestory) with 5-bay N and S arcades. These have circular piers on moulded bases, with foliated capitals and narrow pointed arches. Ten-bay roof with scissor trusses, each alternate one arched-braced onto shaped stone corbels; similar aisle roofs. Tiled pavement (counter-changed red/black/yellow), presently obscured by carpeting; original simple fixed pews of pitched pine. In the S aisle is a circular stone pulpit in Early English style; carved by Thomas Earp to designs by the architects; cusped niches with foliated spandrels and carved foliate frieze, supported on red and grey marble columns. Good octagonal Decorated-style pulpit also by Earp. This has deep, blind tracery with foliate-carved diaper back panels and angel figures supporting a moulded cornice; black and brown marble supporting columns. The base is inscribed `in memory of FHT 1867.'
Large pointed chancel arch with foliated responds. Stepped-up chancel with encaustic tiled pavement by Maw and Co. (mostly carpeted); cluster truss roof. Simple contemporary Gothic choirstalls with open arcading and oculi; poppy-headed benchends. Stepped-up sanctuary with fine encaustic tiled pavement by Maw, as before. Moulded oak altar rails on polychromed iron and brass Gothic-style supports. Fine tripartite retable, also by Earp, showing the Crucifixion with flanking biblical scenes in relief under canopied niches with heavy cusping, ball flower and other foliate carving; paired pink marble columns divide the 3 niches, with scroll-bearing angel figures above; crocketed gables. Flanking the reredos are 4-panel sections of blind tracery arcading. Leading off from the chancel and stepped-up from the aisles are N and S chapels, the latter with bell tower above, the former containing the organ. Pointed arches towards the chancel and aisles. The late C19 organ is in simple gothic style with polychromed pipes; enlarged by John Bellamy, organ builder of Denbigh, 1909.
Stained and painted glass, monuments and textiles: fine E window by John Hardman, 1874, showing scenes from the Passion; dedicated to John Heaton (of Plas Heaton), d.1855. W window by J V Rowlands and Co., 1880, showing scenes from the life of Christ with paired apostles in an arcade at the bottom. S aisle (towards E) a 2-light window by J Ballantine & Son, 1891 (dedicated to Frances Wynne, d.1878). In the N aisle are a double and a single-light window dedicated to Arthur E Turmour (d.1894) and Col. Robert Wills (d.1890). At the western end of the N aisle is a 2-light window by Christopher Whall, 1918, to Anna Maria Story of Goppy (d.1918); the opposing S aisle window is by Veronica M Whall, 1933, to the Jones family of Bodlinfa. At the W end is a large Great War memorial framing the entrance. Hanging in the S aisle in a glazed frame is a large section of a Tudor dossal, known to have been at St Hilliary's church (Denbigh Castle) since at least 1846 and reputedly originating there. This highly important piece is one half of a large dossal known to have been intact until the late C19; an engraving of the complete hanging was made for the Gentleman's magazine in 1846. The right-hand section (now lost) was dated 1530. Of probable Flemish workmanship, the dossal is in the form of a finely-woven tapestry and has a repeat design of IHS monograms within an early Renaissance border with floral and cornucopia motifs. Two mottoes in speech texts appear at the top and bottom, and now read 'Spes Mea In' (the complete text recorded as 'Spes Mea In Deo Est 1530.'