Two storeys, roughly square plan with lower service wing to N and single storey service court beyond. Colourwashed roughcast elevations over red brick (rubble to older part and service buildings). Slate hipped roofs, valleyed to N of main block and service wing. Broad bracketed eaves. Red brick chimney stacks, renewed c.1900, three to inner slopes of main part and two thick stacks to N wall, two to inner slopes of wing and four to courtyard ranges.
E (entrance) front of 3 bays: recessed centre bay with large projecting Greek Doric porch added after 1845 with paired fluted columns, entablature and balustrade. Inner 4-panel door with side lights and large traceried fanlight. First floor with 12-pane hornless sash windows, that to the right set lower: this was done in 1920, reflecting the lower level of the old house, which Nash typically ignored in his fenestration. Ground floor left window with Venetian window set in round arched recess with tripartite 4:12:4 sash windows having pilaster jambs to the narrow side lights: stucco fluted over-arch. Though glazed, the window is blind. Right-hand canted bay window of 1854 with 12-pane sashes. Five bay S front, 12-pane hornless sashes with painted stone sills. Ground floor windows set in round arched recesses. W front of 3 bays with similar sashes to first floor, the left set lower for the same reason as that to E. Ground floor Venetian windows as above, the left one altered (without over-arch), but glazing as E. The other two have c.1900 plate glass to sashes.
Service Range: Plain design in rubble with modillion eaves cornice, double depth with 5-window range of 12-pane sashes to W, brick surrounds. To ground floor, the second window from right has been moved and to centre is canted 4:12:4 timber bay window. E side has paired windows under broad cambered brick heads, two pairs of 6-pane sashes to each storey, the right pair half obscured by single storey gabled addition to kitchen. Rear of service range forms N side of picturesque enclosed service court of single storey ranges on 3 sides. Elevation of service block with wide cambered windows to each side on both storeys and pair of 6-panel doors with 4-pane overlights to centre. Upper windows are low with paired 6-pane sashes. Lower windows mostly boarded over. Slate sills. Pent roof over ground floor (being restored), but paired putlogs over the doors suggest that perhaps a large porch was once intended. Service ranges with blocked door to each return wall adjoining service block. Single storey ranges with deep overhanging slate/corrugated roofs: the supports on the E side, probably secondary. Eaves to W range have been cut back. Construction of colourwashed render over rubble. W and E sides are matching, with large elliptically headed recess to centre containing tripartite window and two round arched doorways each side with tripartite fanlights. Second door from left to E has been altered. Red brick surrounds. N range is slightly later, containing central entry passage. Courtyard elevation with central round arched entry, stone voussoirs. Arched doorway each side with 6-panel doors and fanlights; stone voussoirs. Outer door each side with brick surrounds, 6-panel door to left, blocked to right. N (outer) elevation with cast iron fanlight to entrance, boarded door. Two wide widows each side, the outer ones with 2-light 16-pane glazing. Stone voussoirs. Outer elevation of E range with wide elliptically headed 12:24:12 sash to centre with slate sill and brick surround: this replaces two earlier brick arched openings. Two 9-pane windows to right with slate sills, brick dressings to left and timber lintel to right. Small hipped W.C. in both outer angles with rear wing, each with 12-pane horizontal sliding window.