Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
In the centre of the city, on the curving W bank of the former course of the River Tawe.
Largely dating from C13 and C14, during possession of the de Braose family, reused and built against in post-medieval period.
The remains consist of 2 separate blocks, a small square tower (later used as a debtors’ prison) on the N, which may contain the earliest surviving work, and a larger residential block forming the SE angle. The most distinguished feature is the arcaded parapet associated with the work of Henry Gower, Bishop of St David’s (d 1347) in the episcopal palaces at Lamphey and St David’s.
Reason for designation
Scheduled Ancient Monument.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]