Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
St. David's and the Cathedral Close
Situated down drive running NW from western side of Saint David's to Llanrhian road, about 1.5km N of Rhodiad.
Early to mid C19 large farmhouse in whitewashed roughcast rubble with slate roofs and purple Caerbwdy stone stacks. Main house has two-storey three-window front with C20 plate glass sashes and centre door with overlight. Ground floor right has large C19 canted timber bay with low roughcast base, 4-pane sashes, moulded cornice and fishscale slate roof. Outshut rear. Lower two-storey service wing attached to left with square rubble W stack and rubble stone W end wall without side stone stairs to loft door. Whitewashed roughcast front with two 4-pane windows above and two ground floor C20 metal windows each side of centre C20 door.
Main house has large terraced front garden behind whitewashed rubble wall with C20 pierced concrete block wall above.
Reason for designation
Marked on 1840 Tithe Map.
A substantial traditional farmhouse in prominent site on slope of Carn Penberry.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]