Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
NO.2 PEN-PORTH,GWYN PENLAN,,,,,DYFED,
St. David's and the Cathedral Close
Situated at S end of Feidr Chewch-Erw on sharp bend where lane turns towards Porthstinian road and immediately above disused continuation S to Cathedral Close.
Late C19 pair of estate cottages in coursed rubble stone with slate eaves roof and central red brick stack. Two stories, mirrored pair with cambered-headed small-paned casements; each cottage has an outer paired casement, then an inner triple casement below a first floor paired casement in gabled dormer through eaves. Slate sills and alternated colours to stone voussoirs of window heads. Gable ends have first floor similar casement pair and rear is outshut with door to each cottage, flanked by windows.
Reason for designation
Marked on 1891 OS map.
A good example of later C19 cottage design, rare in Dewisland. On the estate of the Bishops of St David's.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]