Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Treleddyn Isaf/Lower Treleddyn
St. David's and the Cathedral Close
Situated at end of 0.5km drive north from Porthstinian road with junction some 200m E of Rhosson. The western farm of the two at Treleddyn.
Circa 1800 large farmhouse in rubble stone with whitewashed slate-hung front to main range, bitumen-covered slate roof and whitened stone end stacks. Two-storey four-window front, possibly originally five as gabled single-storey outbuilding projects in right end bay. C20 plate glass sashes, slate sills and door in centre in whitened rubble lean-to porch with grouted roof. Outbuilding to right is not slate-hung nor is house wall in end bay. Whitewashed rubble with grouted slate roof to outbuilding and C20 end gable window. W end of house is partly slate-hung in unpainted slates. Small W end outbuilding with door to front in former broader opening.
Two-storey service range attached to east with imitation slate roof and big whitened E end stack. Lean-to porch to left, window above and window to right before unpainted stone outside steps to loft door. C20 windows and doors.
Reason for designation
House is marked on 1811 map of property of Major Tucker in National Library of Wales.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]