Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Telephone Call-box on Village Green
Vale of Glamorgan
Beside pathway in open ground close to boundary wall at south end of village green; Churchyard opposite. Old Port Road along E side.
Designed by Giles Gilbert Scott, architect of London. This design was introduced by GPO in 1936, this example installed after 1952. Embossed foundry plate: Carron Company Stirlingshire.
K6 type square red kiosk of cast-iron construction to the standard design. Domed roof with 4 lunettes containing Queen Elizabeth II crowns over red lettered opals and ventilation slits. Raised surrounds to door and sides with marginal glazing bars in horizontal panels. Blank rear, moulded plinth.
Reason for designation
Listed for its heritage location within the Conservation Area and for group value with the church.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]