Medieval church. Long nave with S porch and S tower, unusually close together, S chapel, narrow chancel, N chapel. Of rubble variously hued with ashlar dressings, slate roofs, some pitches of small slates, with cruciform apex finials; all walls are battered, most strongly the tower and E chancel wall. W end of nave has 3-light window with reticulated tracery, hoodmould with foliage stops and a stone head above apex, low pointed-arched W doorway set within an altered opening with relieving arch above; elaborate iron hinges to boarded door. At SW nave is a 3-light window with Perpendicular tracery; all such windows here have deep almost Tudor-arched hoodmoulds. Immediately adjacent and part overlapping is a deep gabled S porch, with remnants of render, moulded doorway with hoodmould, the stops slightly swept out. Porch interior has wooden barrel roof, the 3 principal ribs supported by stone corbels, stone benches, holy water stoup to right of inner moulded doorway. Immediately to E and separated only by a drainage channel, is the 4-storey church tower, without buttresses, embattled parapet, 2 string courses; paired cusped louvred lights under relieving arches to belfry and small single light rectangular-headed openings at 2 levels; former ground floor pointed-arched doorway blocked but incorporating a 3-light window. Abutting the tower is the S chapel with three 3-light Perpendicular windows and a narrow priests' doorway with stone head above; stone bench at SE with inscription 1796 below commemorating Evan Phillips who erected it. 3-light E window with reticulated tracery and foliage stops to hoodmould. Chancel has similar but larger 3-light E window and small SE window of 2 trefoil-headed lights within ogees. N chapel has large rectangular 3-light E window with chamfered surround and mullion under a rough relieving arch, large stone brackets at eaves for gutters; 3-light Perpendicular N window and narrow doorway. N nave has 3 similar Perpendicular windows, the hoodmoulds almost overlapping the eaves, shallow bay at E end for roodloft stairs, wide blocked N doorway with narrow stone voussoirs.