Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Capel Iwan (including front railings and gates)
Situated in the centre of Capel Iwan village.
Religious, Ritual and Funerary
1846 Independent chapel, coursed grey stone with cut stone voussoirs, bracketed eaves and hipped slate roof. Lateral facade with plinth and two large arched centre windows, two arched doors with C20 fanlights and two arched outer gallery lights. Windows all have late C19 2-light and roundel tracery and concrete sills. Doors are C20 ledged. Between centre windows is plaque 'Capel Iwan Adeiladwyd 1723, Ailadeiladwyd 1795, 1846, Atgyweiriwyd 1883, 1955'.
One window each floor to each end wall, and rear late C19 or early C20 roughcast vestry addition with N end brick stack.
Front courtyard enclosed by late C19 low iron rails on rubble wall. Main S gates with yellow brick piers and scrolled ironwork. Plainer E side gates.
Apparently of 1883 with flat panelled ceiling, three-sided gallery on five iron columns, the gallery angles curved and the gallery-front of pitch-pine with continuous band of pierced cast-iron scrollwork. Pulpit with 3-arch front and steps each side, pitch-pine pews.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]