Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Between Mirador Crescent and Belgrave Lane; set back behind gardens.
Houses of circa 1860; No 1 slightly later addition. Not on tithe map (1843); on 1st Ed 25" OS map (surveyed 1878) as Belgrave Terrace.
Two storey terrace of 8 houses, Nos 2-8 stucco, articulated by pilaster strips; No 1 is later addition in exposed grey-brown stone with bathstone dressings. Slate roofs but modern tiles to Nos 2 and 7; flat roofed dormers to Nos 3, 4, 5 and 8. Parapet, pierced to form balustrade over entrances; bracketed cornice. Rectangular yellow brick chimneys. Nos 2-7 comprise three 4-window mirrored pairs; doors grouped to centres which are slightly recessed. On first floors, narrow sash windows to centre, broader sash windows (marginal glazing to Nos 4-7) to L and R.
Doors (mainly original panelled doors with inserted glazing) with rectangular overlights, set back in recessed porch with dentil cornice and columns. To each side of doors flat-roofed splayed bay. No 8 is larger double-fronted house in same style but with modern glazing. No 1 (in stone) has on first floor, tripartite hornless sash window to L and hornless sash window to R. On ground floor, entrance doorway to R has pedimented stone doorcase, rectangular overlight, splayed bay to L. To R, to Belgrave Lane, large 12-pane hornless sash window; 2 small windows at eaves, 16-pane hornless sash window to first and ground floors, doorway to end in extension with monopitch roof.
Reason for designation
Included despite some alterations as good group of mid C19 terraced houses.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]