A large Jacobean house facing S, comprising the original house on the R side, with the main service wing of 1863-5 to its L, and a further W service wing of c1906 at the L end. The original house comprises a main hall range with cross wing to its L, 3-storeyed, of coursed stone, coped parapets with ball finials, ovolo-moulded mullioned and transomed windows, coped gables with moulded kneelers and slate roof. Some windows incorporate metal-framed casements, and others incorporate diamond panes in wooden glazing bars of 1863. The 5-bay main range has a moulded band between lower and middle storeys, and an eroded band between middle and upper storeys comprising lozenge and disc friezes. The lower and middle storeys have 5 cross windows, the upper storey has three 2-light windows. The doorway is on the L side and is reached up stone steps. It has a hood mould and shallow arch in a stop-chamfered surround. The studded door has studs delineating '1640 RAD'. The cellar has three 2-light windows. The cross wing has 5-light mullioned and transomed windows with hood moulds in each storey, and a 5-light cellar window. In its R side wall are 3-light windows in middle and upper storeys, a blocked window in the upper storey, and 2-light cellar window. The opposite L side wall has a cross window with hood mould in the middle storey and a blocked 2-light upper storey window.
Further W is a lower 2-storey 5-bay main service wing of 1863-5. It is of snecked stone, has a parapet and a coped gable at the L end on moulded kneelers and with apex ball finial. The slate roof has a single ridge stack with 4 diagonal shafts. In the lower storey are 2 cross windows to the R, while the remaining 3 windows are similar but deeper with 2 transoms, all incorporating diamond glazing bars. Cross windows to the upper storey. Set back at the L end of the main service wing is the W service wing, of tooled stone in the upper storey but built above an earlier rubble stone wall. The slate roof has a single stone ridge stack. A 2-storey lean-to is attached to the service wing with 3-light mullioned windows. Further L are 2 half-dormers with 2-light mullioned windows and coped gables with ball finials.
The R gable end of the original hall range has detail mainly of 1863-5 and on the site of the original E wing. In the lower storey is an ashlar canted bay lighting the drawing room, added by Roberts in 1906, with 4-light mullioned and transomed window and a 4-light mullioned cellar window. In the middle storey is a 3-light window, and 2-light window in the upper storey, both with hood moulds. Behind and set back from the angle of the main range is an added single-storey projection with its roof concealed behind a parapet, built as a smoking room in 1906. It has a 4-light mullioned window in its side wall and similar 3-light window in the rear wall. Above the rear windows is a tablet dated 1906 and the initials 'PT & D DC' in raised letters.
To the R of the smoking room, at the rear of the main range, is a 3-storey projecting bay of which the lower 2 storeys comprise the former priest's lodging, while the 3rd storey was remodelled with its roof concealed by a parapet in 1863-5. It has two 2-light windows with lozenge glazing in the lower storey under a linked drip stone (and probably originally formed a 5-light window), a 5-light mullioned and transomed window in the middle storey and two 2-light upper-storey windows. In its R side wall is a cross window in the middle storey and 2-light window above. Attached in the lower storey is a projection with round-headed arch to a boarded cellar door reached down concrete steps, above which is a 2-light window. The rear of the original cross wing has a 4-light cellar window, with 4-light lower-storey, 5-light middle- and upper-storey and 3-light attic windows, all with hood moulds except the cellar. An external stack in the R side wall of the cross wing has 3 diagonal shafts.
The rear of the main service wing has a narrow 3-storey gabled wing to the L, then a parallel wing and cross-gabled projection at the R end. A single-storeyaddition to the L has a boarded door in the L side wall and 5-light mullioned window facing the rear. Behind it, the L-hand gabled wing has coped gable and finials, a cross window in the middle storey and 2-light window above. Set well back on its L side is a single bay attached to the cross wing of the original house, which has a cross window in the lower storey and 2-light windows in the middle and upper storey. On the R side of the gabled wing are 2-light windows, then projecting forward the parallel wing has a 5-light mullioned and transomed window in each storey, but in the lower storey the 2 central mullions below the transom have been removed and replaced with a single large pane. The wing has a L end stack with diagonal brick shafts. Further R, also behind the main service wing, is a 2-storey gabled projection. Its gable end stack has 2 diagonal stone shafts, and a lower 2-storey projection. The side wall faces a service yard at the W end. It has 4-light mullioned and transomed windows, the upper window in a gabled half-dormer. The service yard is enclosed by a stone wall. The service wing has a single-storey boarded lean-to, a projection R of centre, beyond which is a garage under a hipped roof. The W side wall of the service wing has a 2-light mullioned half dormer similar to the front elevation.