Nave with aisle-less western bay (the ante-nave, added in the C15 remodelling of the church), and Decorated arcade of 6 bays with octagonal piers and double chamfered arches. Cambered trusses to roof with cusped braces and decorated spandrels. Square panelled ceiling, with bosses at principal points and at centre of each truss. Heavy stone corbels between arches, some carrying statues, said to have been added 1867, restoring or replacing those associated with the C14 roof. Hollow chamfered chancel arch carried on corbels with traceried canopy forming lower part of respond, was formerly the east wing, and traces of its tracery survive in the upper section. Pained judgement day over the arch, (uncovered 1867). Low wrought iron chancel screen by the Davies brothers. Chancel with shallow kind post roof; apsidal sanctuary, with richly worked stone sedilia, and reredos by Thomas Graham Jackson, 1914. Statues in canopied niches to either side. Stone effigy of Bishop Bellot, d1596, built into sill of S window. North aisle chapel dedicated and furnished as war memorial chapel, 1919.
Stained glass: Medallions from 1841 glazing scheme by David Evans in N chancel; E windows, 1914, James Powell and sons; 3 N aisle windows by Tower (dedication dates of 1898, 1910 and 1913); Burne-Jones (removed from the now-demolished church of Saint John in 1988). West tower window: Royal Welsh Fusiliers memorial, Clayton and Bell, 1894. S aisle windows from a series, largely by Tower (1891, 1902, 1920) with one signed by Kempe.
Monuments: Wall tablet in chancel to Thomas and Arabella Middleton, (d.1754 and 1756), by Roubiliac; other wall tablets in chancel include William Lloyd, (d.1793), by Westmacott N aidle: Ann Fryer, (d 1817), Westmacott; Pulestone family memorials by P M Van Gelder and C Bromfield, and Mary Myddleton, (d.1742), by Roubiliac.