Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Located on low-lying land near the confluence of the small Afon Cannon with the Afon Glam, 1.2km W S W of Llanerfyl village. The farm is enclosed in walls built of dry-laid river pebbles.
History: Probably C18 based upon submedieval longhouse plan with cowhouse in line. Roof construction altered and raised (carries inscription 1958).
Exterior: Colour washed stone, slate covered roof. Derived longhouse plan with entrance opposite stack. 2 storeys, plan comprises a living room and inner unheated parlour, kitchen and wash-house under a continuation of the roof to the rear. Beyond the gable stack, a 2 bay cowhouse. A later hipped lean-to on the parlour end. Door c1930, with glazed panel, in a open stone built porch with timber framed gable. C19 4- and 6-pane sash windows with segmental arched heads but upper windows renewed in earlier openings. Stack rebuilt in brick. Two boarded doors to farm building.
Interior: Not accessible at the time of inspection. (October 1995).
Listed as a well preserved farmhouse which is typical of this upland area.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]