Tall imposing interior with unpainted rendered walls and Bath stone dressings. Roof of 5 main arch-braced collar trusses, and 4 intermediate ones, the main ones carried down lower onto a wall-post. Ashlar 4-bay N arcade with octagonal piers, moulded caps and 2-chamfer pointed arches. Broad high chancel arch with similar detail. Tower E wall has mark of line of lower medieval roof. Segmental-pointed tall tower arch with C20 timber traceried infill. Small segmental-pointed door to stair tower to right. Tower has oak beams to upper floor. N aisle has roof principals similarly carried down as wall posts, and braced from corbels on arcade wall. Left end door to pump for immersion font. N end wall with pointed doorway into choir vestry with oak screen by Clarke of Llandaff.
Long chancel with two steps at chancel arch, one to sanctuary, four to altar. Chancel roof of 4 main trusses and 3 intermediate, moulded, with panelling only in last bay over sanctuary. Large segmental-pointed N opening with organ, hoodmould carried around as string course, and shouldered-arched vestry door to right. S side has ogee cusped piscina with carved spandrels and hoodmould over, enclosing tiny medieval ogee stone piscina with moulded shelf. Fine triple sedilia with stepped seats and ogee cusped heads with deep hoodmould with portrait heads of vicar and Bishop Oliphant. Traceried tiny openings in piers between the seats. Floor tiles by Godwin of Lugwardine with unusual glazed green outlining tiles. Vestry parallel with organ chamber with high 3-sided board ceiling, piscina by door and choir vestry across N end with shouldered-headed doorway. Big ashlar segmental-pointed arch between 2 parallel roofs.
Fittings Fine large openwork screen of 1874, 3-1-3 bays with ogee heads to lights and much open tracery above the side lights, brattished beam. Three figures carved in Oberammergau added above, formerly in Llanfrechfa Grange chapel. Large carved stone reredos with carved relief of Last Supper by James Redfern, 1874, in 3 panels with brattished ballflower cornice and blind-panelled base on two purple marble steps. Octagonal font with cusped quatrefoils on each face, doves in 4 of quatrefoils. Large total immersion font in NW corner in altar-table casing, three quatrefoil panels and four blind traceried panels on front and wooden lid. Oak pulpit with panelled openwork Gothic 3-sided front and moulded ashlar base with steps up. Brass eagle lectern to Mitchell family, after 1913. Pine pews, oak stalls with poppyhead finials and added open-fronted front kneelers. C20 oak altar rails. Oak altar with white marble top.
Stained Glass: E window 1874 by Clayton & Bell and also 3 S windows by same firm, all described in 1874 though death dates are later. E window of Christ in glory with St Peter, Isaiah, SS Alban and Helena, and Evangelists symbols in tracery, to F. Mitchell died 1863, blue ground with rich reds. S first (from right) of Resurrection and Christ in the garden to Rev. W. Powell died 1874, second of Christ with St Thomas and appearing to the fishermen to Jane Griffith of Llanyrafon died 1880 and third of Ascension and Vision of St John to Florence Griffith of Llanyrafon died 1886, the three with alternate red and blue backgrounds. Chancel N 2-light by George Rogers of Worcester to Frances Prothero died 1847 and Capt R. Macdonald died 1854, two small scenes Noli me Tangere and Suffer the children (probably removed from previous church). Nave S first window of Boy Christ between two saints, 1916, by Daniells & Fricker of Fulham to John Williams, two windows by Lavers & Westlake, one the Good Shepherd and Sower to F.H. Mitchell died 1891, the other Crucifixion and Healing the Lame to Laura Mitchell died 1884, good quality C14 style. N aisle W single light Christ with a child, to W.S.F. Cleeve died 1895, by Lavers & Westlake. N aisle second to Corporal D. Denbury died 1991 by Sunlight Studios, Portsmouth, with daffodils, angel and dragon, third window by William Pearce Ltd of Birmingham, Christ and St Martin to Major Edmund Willimas, killed 1915, good colours. N aisle fourth SS Francis, Elizabeth and David, 1914, by Kempe & Co.
Memorials: Charles Griffiths of Llanyrafon died 1696 and Margaret Griffiths died 1730, plaque in egg-and-dart ornamented bolection-moulded frame. Charles Griffith of Llanyrafon died 1766, two sons, and Margaret Tuder died 1769, oval plaque. Roger Jones died 1804, crude broken pedimented memorial with column shafts and oval plaque. William Griffith of Llanyrafon, died 1831, neo-Grec by Cooke of Gloucester. Marble and alabaster bolection-moulded plaque to F.J. Mitchell died 1913.