Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Located at the end of a long track leading E off the Brynseiri Road; on low-lying ground on the W bank of the Conwy estuary.
Exterior: Dated 1826; L-shaped house in simple vernacular Tudor style. Rubble construction with large irregular quoins and red brick detailing; large, original slates to roof, oversailing eaves and plain squat stacks. E (main) front with advanced gabled wing. 3-light mullioned and transomed wooden window to ground floor with small pane glazing; similar cross-window above and a further 4-pane fixed light in the gable apex. All have returned labels in brick and brick voussoirs, slightly cambered to the ground floor. Between the first floor and upper windows, an inset date stone inscribed with date 1826. Entrance to the R return, via a late C19 wooden porch; boarded door. Mullioned windows in similar arrangement to recessed range to R of porch. Tall half-outshut to the rear; contemporary 12-pane sliding sashes. Later L-shaped single storey addition to W side, returning around the N gable. This has plain-glazed tripartite and cross windows and a hipped roof; modern porch beyond.
The interior was not accessible during the survey (September 1995).
An earlier C19 vernacular Tudor-style house retaining good external character.
Group value with the former house-and-byre complex at Tyddyn-Cynal.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]