Nave has medieval plastered pointed vault. C19 tiled floors. Sandstone reveals to 1879 windows. Recess in W wall containing small C18 octagonal font with raised rim and sides curving in. Pointed chamfered narrow door to right of S door, to mural stair to former porch chamber. S doorway, ashlar with broad cambered head and keeled moulding is partly medieval. Cambered-headed niche to left. Ashlar narrow inserted N lancet. Demolished N transept marked by a broad pointed recess with stone voussoirs. S transept has similar voussoirs, and plastered stone vault with roundel for raising bells. A half-arch in E wall under arch from nave. Pointed stair- door in SW corner. Tower said to be vaulted at first floor, not at clock stage, and vaulted at top, with eight bells, 1897 by Carr of Smethwick. Clock, 1907, by W. Potts of Leeds.
Chancel arch of 1887, Bath stone with triple keeled shafts, shaft rings, leaf capitals and double-chamfer arch. Black marble step. Tiled chancel floor with some encaustic tiles. 1887-9 eight-bay chancel roof with plaster panels only in eighth bay. N side plastered pointed arch to organ. Cambered-headed door to r. to sacristy/organ chamber. Pointed arched door to passage to NE chapel. Recess in wall above. Step with altar rails and richer tiled floors, the encaustic tile panels increasing in size and ornament to E with two further steps, another step in sanctuary, and one to altar. Segmental-pointed tomb recess on N . Just left is C19 Bath stone corbel or wall-stand, another similar opposite. Then, fine c1500 tomb (see below). E wall sill-course under E window, continued on S wall. C19 Bath stone piscina on S, and big C19 triple sedilia with cusped pointed arches, hoodmoulds, marble keeled shafts and embroidered velvet back hangings. Sill course stepped over. The a segmental-pointed tomb recess, restored, similar to the one opposite.
Sacristy has C19 roof of two bays with arch-braced collar truss. Two arches S, one blank to left, one filled by organ. E wall has low window into NE chapel and double cambered headed recess above, one side blank, the other glazed. Vault in NE corner and remnant of another under former stairs at NW. W wall stripped of plaster, with niche in gable right.
Passage through to NE chapel has underside of steps above. Chapel has roof of 1895 with high collars and brattished wall plate. N fireplace with stone voussoirs. W wall corbels of former gallery. W wall left cambered window to sacristy with stone voussoirs, another similar higher up. Blocked N cambered-headed opening. Piscina on S wall. C19 E window surround with shafting. Red marble step to sanctuary, which has encaustic tiles, another marble step to altar.
FITTINGS: ashlar drum font of 1882, with chamfered bands of leaf carving to top and bottom, on six columns with linked leaf capitals. The base, with the column bases is C13. Timber pulpit of 1882 on squat column with curved ribs under 3-sided panel front, flight of seven wooden steps up with twisted brass uprights to rail with scrolls. Similar steps and brass rail on opposite side of chancel arch, to platform behind brass eagle lectern of 1899, on white marble round base. Nave pews with pegged joints and boarded panelled backs, 1882. Six light standards on twisted brass posts, each with lamps on leaf-scrolled arms. Chancel stalls have shaped bench ends with leaf-scroll, open-fronted kneelers with pierced quatrefoils. Rear stalls have tall canopied backs of 1909-11 with blind tracery to large panels (9 stalls to N, 11 to S), coved ribbed underside to canopy with pendants and finials between delicately-carved ogee heads, pierced top cresting. Brass leaf-scrolled standards to altar rails. Two large brass hanging coronae in chancel, 1887 and 1894. Oak open-fronted altar with traceried panels. Organ by Wade & Meggitt of Tenby 1887. NE chapel has pews 1912, brass altar rails.
MEMORIALS: Nave N: Marble plaque to Abraham Leach of Corston, died 1843; marble shield plaque with urn, to Catherine Humphreys, died 1790; neo-Grec plaque with urn to Lady Charlotte Owen of Orielton, died 1829; fine marble memorial by John Bacon Jr (1777-1859) to Sir Hugh Owen of Orielton, died 1809, and his father, Sir Hugh, died 1786, with mourning female against twin broken columns with draped urns. Nave S: slate plaque with winged cherub to Benjamin Davis, died 1776; brass Great War memorial. Under arch of N transept: fine ashlar C17 memorial to John Owen died 1612; tomb chest against high back with paired Ionic outer columns, each pair sharing a capital. Plaque with Jacobean border, two shields above; inscription to John son of Sir Hugh Owen of Bodeon, Anglesey, and Elizabeth Wyrriott of Orielton, recording also that it was erected by Dorothy daughter of Rowland Laugharne of St Brides, buried 1653, an addition to the monument made in 1657. Entablature with ornament, pediment, coat of arms, bearded supporters, scrolls, and outer squat obelisks. Chest has pilasters and plaques with knotwork. Slate plaque to Sir Hugh Owen died 1670, Bath stone frame with leaf-scrolled pilasters, arched head with skulls and bones, moulded head with crude seated cherubs. Detached carved arms with bearded male supporters. Oval plaque below in scrolled surround with leaf sprays and winged cherub head below. Above, a damaged C17 arched plaque between columns with entablature and crude half scroll-pediments flanking coat of arms. S transept: big chest tomb in Bath stone with black marble top to Sir Francis Meyricke, died 1603, with eight kneeling children and fine carved arms each end. Damaged top - alabaster cresting with delicate low-relief ornament framing plaque, Renaissance detail to pilasters. Detached coat of arms above. Chancel N: headless late medieval effigy (found in S porch) possibly of a priest in N tomb recess. Another effigy is in S tomb recess. N wall reset fine Gothic tomb of c1500 in eroded Purbeck stone: tomb chest with three traceried panels with shields and panelled piers. Flat top has indent for lost brass cross, partly covered by back. Broad rectangular back panel with indents for lost brasses (plaque, figures, scrolls, shields at upper corners), and soffit of five quatrefoils with rosettes, the soffit curved each end. Outer columns with twisted shafts and octagonal caps. Tudor arched head with thin spandrels and centre boss (now with metal post up from tomb chest). Top has centre and outer shafts with small figures over, frieze between with quatrefoils in lattice, moulded cornice and carved cresting. Traces of colour.
STAINED GLASS: Two nave S 2-lights, c1920, in style of R J Newbery. Narrow nave N lancet has 1995 glass of Holy Family. Big 4-light S transept window, c1900 style, possibly the 1923 window to Col. Saurin, Four Evangelists. Very large 5-light E window 1904 by Herbert Davis, in rich colours, Crucifixion, saints, and scenes from life of Christ. Chancel S left window by Davis 1906; second window also by Davis 1906. Third window obscured by stall canopies, John XI 20 and Psalm 63 4, streaky colours, late C19. Fourth window also obscured, angel and shepherds, late C19. One of these is of 1887, to Mrs D. Bowen. NE chapel has glass given by Freemasons with masonic figures: E three-light, N two windows, all by Percy Bacon Bros, one dated 1921, though style is late C19.
WALL PAINTINGS: remnant of poorly preserved scheme of 1895-1901 by C. G. Gray of Cambridge that formerly covered whole chancel: painted scenes in Gothic borders.