Country house, coursed squared sandstone on the main facades, colourwashed rubble stone elsewhere, with slate hipped roofs on highly enriched deep timber eaves cornices with big foliage consoles in the frieze. Three storeys, cellar and attic, L-plan. Windows with stone sills. Big chimneys of cut sandstone with cornices, probably rebuilt in the early C19. The seven-bay SOUTH FRONT has late Georgian sashes, 12-pane to top floor, 15-pane elsewhere and centre door in big gabled oak Gothic porch of the 1860s, on low stone plinth. Porch has renewed bargeboards, glazed Gothic lights, 5 each side and one each side of double half-glazed doors with similar lights. The timber panels have blind Gothic motifs. The door within has early C19 double doors with coloured glass margins, in moulded architrave. Three 1910 dormers, the outer ones 9-pane pedimented, the centre one 3-light, 6-9-6-pane with pediment over centre light. Big corniced chimney on ridge to left of right dormer. Stone WEST SIDE has one window range to left with 12-pane sash to each floor, and blocked door below, the lower ones with stone voussoirs; and two bays of blank windows to right, without stone voussoirs, the right bay with door within conservatory. Two 1910 nine-pane dormers, and corniced ridge chimney. Colourwashed irregular EAST SIDE with various blocked openings, indicative of the pre C18 house. Two surviving cross-windows and one with thick glazing bars are indicative of earlier window types. Tall, five bays, the three right bays with sashes: 9-pane to top floor, 12-pane to main floors; then, spaced closer to centre bay, are two cross-windows with leaded glazing, that light the service stair, over a blocked door, none precisely aligned. The left bay has only the top window glazed, 12-pane with thick Queen Anne type glazing bars. The two windows below are blocked, the first floor one in the C19 for bookshelves. Stone voussoirs, stone sills. Three 1910 dormers, as on S front, but centre one of five lights. Colourwashed narrow N gable with big stone corniced chimney, gable verges overhanging servants' bell. No windows, but a very small half-timber and brick hipped later C19 pantry addition. REAR W has two-storey lean-to, and plain flat eaves. Attached at NW is a C19 single-storey L-plan range hipped at NE corner and W end. Back door in the short projecting E wall, C20 window to left in N wall, and 4-pane sash in hipped W end. The W side, set back to right, has a door and triple casement. Rear N of main house has a 5-light 1910 dormer, without pediment, flat eaves, and large stone corniced chimney to right. Stepped 15-pane sashes to left, lighting main stair; then attic 9-pane sash over a first floor 12-pane to centre; no windows to right. On W side is a plain CONSERVATORY, on stone base, said to have been brought from his previous house by Prebendary Williams after 1861, linking to DOVECOTE COTTAGE, a C17 or early C18 L-plan former laundry, game-larder and dairy, altered as holiday accommodation. One storey and attic, with C20 eaves dormers and largely C20 windows. Roof is gabled to N and W, hipped to SE. Very large N end outside stack, rendered shaft. The N side has an original door with oak lintel and thin hoodmould, and a similar blocked window to right. The S side had one window in old photographs.