Medieval, C14, arch-braced collar beam roof with windbraces over nave, restored 1883, and arch-braced collar roof with cusped windbraces and 2 tiers of purlins over aisle, the trussed rafter barrel roof over the E end springing lower. Walls plastered. Four bay round-arch arcade to N aisle set on circular columns with round capitals enriched, on the W respond, with dog- tooth. The single order nave arcade develops as a two-order chamfered round arch order against the chancel, with increasing richness, ballflowers and mouldings towards the E. The bases of a similar arcade appear externally on the S side. Fine C14 piscina in N aisle, E end. The upper stage of the tower is timber framed, with very long tension braces. The bellframe is freestanding, of 3 bays, probably C17, with straight bracing to the centre posts, and carries three bells, one dated 1679, another inscribed God Save the Church of England (sic).
Glass: E window, a crucifixion, by Kempe, c1871.
Fittings: All C19. Font, at W end of aisle, a panelled octagon on a tapering base, raised over 2 steps. Pulpit, oak part octagon, raised on stone steps and incorporating some late medieval work. Altar rail a heavy round pole with terminals, on iron supports. Reredos of Grinshill stone, panelled, with brattished cornice. The choir stalls, of Riga pine, have a front range with book stand.
Monuments: At W end of N aisle, (a) a fine monument comprising a casket flanked by reading and writing children. Pedestal over with coloured arms carrying a full portrait bust, all set against a grey stone field. To Richard Jones of Black Hall, later Greenwich, purser in the Royal Navy and benefactor, 1788. Also (b) Oval wall tablet, white tablet on oval, to William Broome 1786. (c) Oval white on grey, to Hugh Maxwell, 1810 (the date altered); (d) Draped urn over tablet, coved corners and guttae, arms and palms, by Booby Fr of Bath, to John Owen Herbert, 1824; (e) White tablet on black, to Rev. John Jenkins [Ifor Ceri], patriot and chaplain to the Duke of Clarence, 1829; (f) Gothic stone aedicule, to Frances Hensley; (g) small white marble tablet to John Pugh, and (h) tablet commemorating the rededication of the church by Giraldus Cambrensis, by Mainwaring, Carmarthen, erected by Thomas Burgess, Bishop of St David's, in 1818. Two early monuments on return wall, a slab to Joseph Bulkeley and wife, 1738 and 9, and a slab incised with a merry putto, to the 'Revd and learned John Catlyn, vicar, 1717. He established a school in Kerry in 1714. On W wall of nave, (i) Gothic aedicule, by E. Clarke, London, to Harriet and Walter Long, 1847; (j) White on grey marble, a figure reading whilst dove descends in light, by F.Tyler, London, to Margaretta Herbert of Forest, 1838; (k) White marble widow reclining on a broken column, by C.Lewis, Cheltenham, to John Herbert of Dolforgan, 1807, and three other small tablets. Under tower, (l) an oval limestone wall monument with border, over a cornice, to Thomas Powell of Mainllwyd, 1778.
Furnishings: Two Herbert hatchments on N wall of aisle.