Whitewashed plastered walls with stone reveals. Two fine roofs to nave. W roof probably late C15 to early C16, with hammer-beams carrying arched-braced collar-trusses, and four tiers of quatrefoil windbraces between moulded timbers. E roof, probably C16, is a panelled barrel ceiling, with moulded ribs and carved bosses at crossings. Chancel has a steep roof of 1863 with arch-braced collar trusses, the rafters covered in 1969. S transept has C17 three-sided roof with plaster panels framed by moulded ribs with gold stars at the intersections. Moulded beam on N wall held on 3 wooden braces from corbels. N transept has plaster Georgian ceiling. Segmental-pointed red stone heads to reveals. Nave has tall blocked N door. Two-bay later C13 pointed arcade with round column and half-round responds to S transept, and similar but heavier later C19 arcade to N transept. N transept has late Georgian detail, the two N corners chamfered and tall pointed door into tower, with intersecting tracery to overlight. Medieval pointed piscina in both N and S transepts, faint medieval wall painting on S transept S wall. Chancel has S pointed door to rood loft stairs, covered by stalls and S lancet covered by C18 royal arms. Late C19 tall segmental arch to organ chamber on N. Later C19 rich encaustic tiles and marble steps to sanctuary, less elaborate to chancel.
Fittings: Two late medieval screens back to back. C15 W screen designed for church, 5-1-5 bays with delicate cinquefoiled tracery to heads, ogee head to broad centre opening, with carved shield-bearing figure on each side post. C17 panelling affixed. Paired gates with lozenge-pattern C16-17 panels, bobbin-turned rails and ramped scrolls on top. Loft front above from Chirbury Priory with richly detailed 24 narrow panels, each with cusped ogee lower arch with crocketted finial reaching up centre to divide pair of tiny pointed openings each with their own cusped heads and crocketted finials. Cornice with rosettes above apparently added.
E screen from Chirbury, much damaged after 1833 (cf the John Parker drawing). Also of 5-1-5 bays, originally with tracery similar to the blind panels in the adjoining panelling on the chancel N wall, all broken off. The centre breaks forward with two big octagonal posts, the tops truncated. The stalls from the same source have seven carved heads on the arm rests and eight carved misericords. N wall has fine traceried blind panelling of five bays above four stalls with five carved heads and one misericord. Misericord carving includes an eagle, a priest, a duel, a soul taken to Hell. Seven simpler stalls on S wall, the E ones added, blocking chancel S door. The space between the screens crudely formed into two panelled C16-17 pews. Running-scroll moulding on S pew with panelled door.
C13 bowl font with roll moulding below over tapered base, much retooled. Oak Gothic spired font cover of 1915. Oak octagonal Gothic pulpit with two carved saints to each face, to the Rev. Maurice Lloyd (died 1873), allegedly by G. E. Street. Brass eagle lectern to Col. R.J. Harrison (died 1896). Exceptional reredos, dedicated in 1892 by R. H. Carpenter, in memory of Margaret widow of the David Lloyd commemorated in the E window, and daughter of George Beadnell. Designed with open tracery to frame the bottom lights of the E window in Caen stone with four alabaster figures by T. Earp, and flanked by canopied panels, five each side with Venetian mosaic figures of Evangelists and Prophets, to designs by Clayton & Bell. In N transept, earlier C18 arch-headed painted benefaction boards in corners, and a large painted board over N door commemorating building of the tower 1816. In tower, benefaction board with bolection moulded frame, and painted Commandment, Lord's Prayer and Creed board on W wall. Painted hatchment with Herbert arms, c. 1801, in S transept. Large royal arms of 1726, painted on board, on s chancel wall. S transept altar of Clipsham stone, 1958, by Herbert Carr, with Book of Remembrance for war dead. Later C19 organ in plain Gothic case. Later C19 L-plan kneelers to stalls, with blind tracery and row of small carved panels. Later C19 pews with traceried blind panels to ends. Three ornate later C19 iron and brass hanging coronae in nave.
Stained Glass. Fine large E window of 1861 by Thomas Baillie of London to David Lloyd (died 1859), brother of the Rev. Maurice Lloyd. Crucifixion, Ascension, with Evangelists and SS Peter & Paul. Chancel S lancet with crude mid C19 painted glass of Munich type, a large ascending figure, probably portrait, to Marianne Lloyd (died 1850). Large W window of 1902, to Mercedes Fairles-Humphreys, designed by Charles Hean, made by G.L. Maerchant of London. Late Gothic style, Nativity, Adoration, with SS Michael, Nicholas, Gabriel and Tyssil. Two nave narrow lancets with patterned glass of c. 1870, and S two-light 1920 to W. Llewelyn Lloyd, Christ crowning a knight. S transept E window showing church and Presbyterian church, 2002, by John Edwards. N transept W lancet to Rev. John Lloyd (died 1891) and E lancet to Margaret Bryan (died 1921) both similar.
Monuments. Two fine late medieval recumbent effigies of knights in Lymore Chapel, restored c. 1814-30. The S one, with helm, is probably of Sir Edmund Mortimer (died 1408), the other with flowing locks is said to be of Sir Richard Herbert (died 1534), though the figure looks of c. 1500. Above are hanging tabard with Herbert arms and helm, probably C16, a rare survival. Magnificent canopied alabaster and painted stone monument of 1600 to Richard Herbert (died 1596), probably by Walter Hancock of Much Wenlock. Effigies of Herbert and his wife, eight children in arcades behind, and cadaver beneath. Herbert was father of the poet George Herbert and of Lord Herbert of Chirbury who built the mansion in the castle.
Memorials: Four matching early C19 plaques with grey surrounds ornamented in Greek key, and white marble plaques, cornices and urns: chancel N to Margaret Pugh (died 1819) and her sister, daughters of William and Mary Lloyd (died 1769 and 1803), and sisters of Maurice Lloyd of Plas Trefaldwyn and Garthlwyd (died 1813), commemorated on opposite plaque; nave W to Mary Lloyd Sr and Jr (died 1772 and 1775) and Maurice Lloyd (died 1830); and to Charles T. Jones of Fronfraith (died 1807). Nave S plaque to Lt EM Buckley (killed 1915) by Gaffin; sarcophagus plaque to Mary Weaver (died 1825) by J. Carline of Shrewsbury. Nave N two marble plaques with banners, by Gaffin of London, to Lt Gilbert Jones died in India 1857, and Admiral Sir Charles T. Jones of Fronfraith (died 1853). In blocked N door, oval plaque to C. Gardiner Humphreys, attorney (died 1787). S transept small oval plaque to the historian J.D.K. Lloyd 1900-78, with verse by him. N transept plaque to M.E. Jones of Stalloe (died 1865) by G. Dodson of Shrewsbury; oval plaque with urn on grey marble, to William Davies (died 1803); tapered neo-Grec plaque to Jane and William Nathaniel Davies (died 1833 and 1837) by B. Baker of Liverpool; plaque to Jane Powell of Rhydwhyman (died 1819) aged 103.
Bells. Six bells, five of 1724, one of 1814 by C W Briant of Hertford.