The building appears to have originally consisted of a central hall of approximately 24ft span, with a parlour at the E end, a cross passage and a further 2 bays, possibly services with solar over, at the W. The medieval roof throughout survives largely unaltered, comprising 2 bays over the hall subdivided by intermediate trusses, supporting 2 tiers of purlins, with cusped straight windbraces at three levels, including to the ridge. On either side of the cross passage, the trusses have king posts and intermediate struts, filled above tie level with wattle and daub. The two main trusses over the west parlour are of arched-braced collar form with king post rising to the apex, all cusped above the collar. The rafters are seated on stub ties, and knee braces continues the shape to terminals below wall plate level. The intermediate trusses have arched braced collars with king post to the ridge, also cusped above the collar. Carvings survive on the lower end of three knee braces in the E parlour end; one with a figure of a bishop, one grotesque mask and one fashionable female head dated by her hair style to pre-1500. The high quality of the roof construction continues beyond the cross passage where the two trusses are of scissor form with king posts rising from the intersection to the ridge, all again cusped, including braces from king post to ridge, suggesting that the two bays formed a solar at the SW end. the whole roof was heavily smoke-blackened. The C17 remodelling is equally unusual and interesting. The cross passage was retained, and a closet formed at the centre, with a stack inserted at the upper end of the hall, bearing the 1611 date on the end of the lintel. The stair projection, enclosing a stone winding newel stair, with angled squint windows and a side closet, was probably added in the same building phase to provide accessto the new upper chamber formed when the open hall was ceiled. The present kitchen, at the E end, has a bracket moulded square panelled ceiling, 4 x 2 bays. An ovolo moulded timber framed screen crosses the house between the kitchen and the dining room, and part of a former glazed screen, formed of short panelled studs survives at high level across the cross passage, probably related to the central service area formed in the C17.