Twin chambers separated by a Decorated 5-bay arcade of red sandstone; octagonal shafts with notches to the diagonal faces with scroll-moulded capitals, supporting pointed arches with 2 orders of chamfered mouldings; hoodmould with head bosses to the haunches. To E end of N aisle is former West crossing arch in Early English style, with attached filleted shafts with foliated capitals, supporting a pointed arch of 3 strong orders of mouldings under a hoodmould. It contains a boarded screen decorated with stained glass panels, containing a segmental arched door leading into a chamber, not seen. To the R of crossing arch, on S wall, is a piscina with trefoiled head. The church has exceptionally fine late-medieval wood-panelled roofs to both chambers: moulded cambered tie-beams on arched and corbelled wall posts; heavily moulded ribs with painted bosses. The 5-bay N aisle roof (formerly the nave) is highly ornate, the tie-beams with a trefoil frieze, the panels carved with traceried circles and badges. The current nave ceiling is 4-bay, the chancel of 4 narrower bays which were painted in 1965-6. The SW angle is canted and contains a blocked doorway with Tudor-arched head, moulded splayed surround, and decorative motifs (possibly heads) to the spandrels. At ceiling height is a moulded sandstone band or cornice. In the opposite corner of the nave is part of a stoup with cinquefoiled head, the rest blocked by the W wall, suggesting that the church was slightly longer originally.
Chancel: the chancel to SE was formed in 1859: it has a flagged stone floor reached by one step. The wooden choir stalls have pierced decoration and are probably late C19-early C20. Moulded wooden altar rail on wooden posts with decorative braces. Altar table, said to be dated 1621, with turned baluster legs and guilloche frieze. Pale wood reredos, probably C20. To R of altar, fine sedilia, with 4-sided colonettes with foliate capitals supporting open ogee arches under pedimented stone canopies. Octagonal wooden pulpit to R front with blind traceried arches. Both chambers have a central aisle, with plain wooden seating.
Furnishings: Towards the W end of the nave is an octagonal stone font with ornate blind tracery, the octagonal stem with blind lancets; large platform on a black & white mosaic floor. It is a memorial to Robert Humphrys Jones (d. 1858). The E end of the aisle contains a large painted pipe organ behind a wooden screen with pierced trefoiled arches and brattishing.
Monuments: The church contains an exceptionally fine collection of monuments, including: N wall of aisle 2nd from L end, an inscribed Elizabethan brass bearing figures of a man and woman flanked by weepers, to Edward Goodman (d. 1560), father of Gabriel Goodman, and his wife; it is set within a cast iron border with decorative round arch. To the L is a large stone monument with moulded segmental-arched recess, to another member of the Goodman family (d. 1621). To the R is a large recessed arch containing a painting, a memorial to Donovan Griffith who died in World War I. To the centre of this wall is a monument with pinnacles containing a segmental-headed marble panel, to Harriet Myddelton of Chirk Castle (d. 1848). To its R is a 2nd brass to Edward Goodman (d. 1560). To the R of this is a large cartouche, with heraldry, to John Wynne (d. 1655) and his wife Martha (d.1694), of Nantclwyd House. Three monuments to N wall of chancel: To the R is a painted bust of a man in an arched recess, to Gabriel Goodman, Dean of Westminster (d. 1601). To centre, a large ornate marble monument in 2 halves divided by a twisted colonette, the outer Corinthian colonettes supporting an entablature with urn, foliage bands and coats of arms; attributed to Robert Wynne. The L panel is to Gabriel Goodman (d. 1673), a descendent of Gabriel Goodman, Dean of Westminster. The R panel is to Roger Mostyn of Brymbo (d. 1712), who married into the Goodman family. To the L is a tapering tablet, surmounted by an urn, containing a roundel with a kneeling weeper; by J H Foley, and dedicated to Joseph Ablett of Llanbedr Hall (d. 1848). Good monuments to E wall, mainly C18, that to L containing an urn in front of an obelisk, by Joseph Turner, and to Mary Hughes (d.1798). Behind the pulpit, a cast iron panel bearing a coat of arms flanked by the initials I P, a date of 1636 and a Latin inscription. Above the pulpit, a classical-style monument with volutes, cherub heads and heraldry, to John Wynne (d. 1725), and attributed to his brother, Robert Wynne.
Stained glass: all the stained glass is C19. East window, by Wailes, 1855, showing life of Christ. To W of N aisle, 2 figures, probably including Christ, by James Powell & Sons, 1855, said to have been designed by Bouvier. R-hand window behind organ has 2 roundels towards centre, one showing a baptism. W end of nave depicts Crucifixion, to John Spier Hughes (d. 1868).