Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Former Capel Fronwen
Situated some 200m E of village centre, on S side of road to Oakford.
Religious, Ritual and Funerary
1857 former Calvinistic Methodist Chapel. The first chapel was built 1818, on land of Fronwen. Closed 1974 and used as workshop since.
Rubble stone with grey stone dressings, bracketted eaves and slate roof. Broad gable front with two long arched windows, broad arched centre door and circular window over, level with side-window heads. Arched small date plaque: `Vron Wen Chapel by the Calvinistic Methodists 1857', in plain gable. Two window sides with similar long arched windows and two-window slate-hung rear. Windows have small panes with radiating bar heads, circular window has pretty tracery with coloured glass, the tracery echoed in broad fanlight over door. Three long arch-headed panels to doors.
All interior fittings removed. Plaster ceiling.
Reason for designation
A well-proportioned chapel in mid C19 Georgian style.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]