Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Situated some 200m N of Tenby station crossing the A4318 and A4139 roads.
Railway viaduct, 1865, of 7 arches carrying the Tenby and Whitland Railway across the valley of the culverted North Lake stream. The line was built as an extension to the 1863 Pembroke to Tenby line by David Davies of Llandinam and Ezra Roberts of St Asaph, with James Mathias as engineer, from 1865, opened in September 1866. The viaduct is presumably to Mathias' design.
Railway viaduct, rock-faced grey limestone in large squared blocks with leading edges tooled smooth. Seven broad arches with stone voussoirs, on short square piers with raised band at springing of arches. Another raised band, also of rock-faced stone under parapets, which have rock-faced stone copings.
Reason for designation
Included as a prominent and imposing piece of Victorian engineering design.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]