Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
The Timber Pond
Situated by W edge of dockyard, some 100m N of entrance from Fort Road.
1844 pond for preserving or 'pickling' elm timber for masts.
Large, square-plan with granite coping, sloping E side with stone paving and rockfaced limestone side walls. Big elliptical arched drain mouth on N side, another outlet to sea on W.
Pond was built 1844 on ground originally outside W wall of dockyard, whose foundations were used for the E edge of the pond, the wall being rebuilt to W.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]