Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Barn at Pandy Farm
Three farm ranges attached to rear of Pandy Farmhouse and Clock Tower at junction with Cyfarthfa Road (immediately opposite Cyfarthfa Castle park).
Agriculture and Subsistence
Probably soon after 1825, later alterations and additions.
Rubble-built barn flanking Brecon Road; dressed quoins, brick to oculus, ventilation slits and loft openings in gables. Pointed arched wagon entrance with projecting brick frame offset to right. Modern tiled roof.
Single-storey stables behind enclose NW and SW sides of farmyard. Coursed rubble with cambered freestone arches to openings. Slate roof to NW range, modern tiles to twin SW ranges.
Outer sides of SW ranges have (later) cambered openings with rusticated dressings and attached 2-bay coach-house set back. SE front adjoining the Clock Tower has two segmental arched windows and an offset doorcase with dressed surrounds.
Originally formed the stables, coach-house and stores to Cyfarthfa Castle.
Reason for designation
Group value with other listed items at Pandy Farm and Cyfarthfa Castle park.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]