Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Roman Catholic Church of Saint David and Saint Patrick
Situated towards upper end of street, set back between Nos 63 and 67.
Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Roman Catholic church of 1871-2 by Richard Williams of Carmarthen. Interior altered 1905. The church replaced a cottage on the site used by the church. John Davies of Haverfordwest was the builder and it cost £700. The altar and candlesticks and possibly the Stations of the Cross were given by Lady Herbert of Llanarth Court, Mon. In 1905 the roof was matchboarded, and a new tabernacle was added.
Roman Catholic church of stone rubble with Bath stone dressings and slate roofs. Gable end and gabled porch facing street, with moulded bargeboards, Bath stone bellcote with single pointed opening and cross-gabled top. Bath stone quoins and flush main window with pointed head, 3 lancet lights and 3 roundels over. Stone voussoirs. Porch has chamfered pointed doorway, double boarded doors with ornate hinges, and blind trefoiled roundel in apex. Small single window to each side wall. Right side wall has lancet windows, left side obscured. Nave end gable has bargeboards and cross finial, and short lower chancel is similar.
Nave and small sanctuary with triple-shafted arch. Rear gallery.
Reason for designation
Included for its special interest as a small Gothic Revival Roman Catholic church.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]