Full Report for Listed Buildings


Summary Description of a Listed Buildings


Reference Number
12697
Building Number
 
Grade
II  
Status
Designated  
Date of Designation
28/07/1992  
Date of Amendment
28/07/1992  
Name of Property
The Farmhouse  
Address
 

Location


Unitary Authority
Pembrokeshire  
Community
St. David's and the Cathedral Close  
Town
 
Locality
Ramsey Island  
Easting
170592  
Northing
223718  
Street Side
 
Location
Situated on the eastern coast of the island, above the harbour.  

Description


Broad Class
Domestic  
Period
 

History
Early C19, said to have been built 1800. Ramsey Island was owned by the Bishop of St David's until 1904, leased to John Summers 1798 and Fenton refers to a new house in 1811. But house may have been built for John Evans tenant 1822-32. Marked on 1840 Tithe Map.  

Exterior
Whitewashed rubble stone with low pitched slate roof, larger W end stone stack and smaller brick E stack. Two stories, off-centre three-window range of 16-pane sashes, heads slightly cambered to ground floor windows but not to centre door. NW rear wing with N end concrete steps to loft door, two E side ground floor doors, 12-pane sash and casement above. Rear of main range outshut with 12-pane sash each floor to left and small window each floor to centre. W end wall has 12-pane sash above and fixed 4-pane wide by three ground floor window. Rear wing has W side 12-pane sash and buttress of former lean-to. House was remodelled ca1963; interior lined with thermalite blocks reducing size of rooms, roof replaced entirely.  

Interior
 

Reason for designation
 

Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]





Export