Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
L-Plan range of outbuildings at Treginnis Uchaf
St. David's and the Cathedral Close
Situated immediately SW of farmhouse, enclosing NS and SW sides of farmyard.
Agriculture and Subsistence
Long range of farm buildings forming L-plan, rubble stone, originally all with grouted slate roofs. Mostly single storey but two-storey at each end. At NE end, adjoining house, two-storey symmetrical range with asbestos roof, eaves course of brick dove-holes with slate shelf interrupted for two upper window heads. Similar windows below, all originally small-paned, and centre ledged door. Painted cambered brick heads throughout and plaque over door 'Built by John Mortimer AD 1854'. Range continues to left with slightly lower roofline and similar dove-holes under eaves. One door, three windows, another door and two windows, the last two windows obscured by later lean-to. Painted cambered brick heads. 11-bay collar-truss roof. Hipped SW outer angle.
SW range is similar for first half with dove-holes under eaves, one door with vent loop each side and a window to left. Beyond, a two storey section with door, window to centre and boarded loft door above. Continuous roofline. E end has outside stone steps to loft door. Window to left. Ground floor door in recess under stairs.
Reason for designation
A good mid C19 farm group apparently all rebuilt after the 1840 Tithe Map, though SE end may incorporate part of building marked there in 1840.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]