Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Situated some 150m E of Aberbach beach, approached by long track from Treseissylt.
Early to mid C19 pair of cottages, now one. Whitewashed rubble stone with slate roofs, brick left end stack and whitewashed stone stack to ridge, between cottages. Double-fronted main range to left, with door between 4-pane sashes with slate sills and timber lintels. Half-glazed C20 door. To right is second cottage, possibly converted from outbuilding, with no stack to right end and similar double front, 9-pane casement window to left, C20 stable door to centre and C20 plate glass window to right, openings with timber lintels.
Interior of left section has fine example of massive internal chimney breast with deep fireplace and timber lintel. Ladder access to loft sleeping platform.
Reason for designation
One of the best surviving single-storey cottages in area. Not apparently marked on 1841 Tithe Map, though of a form more consistent with an earlier date.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]