Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Situated to N of Granston Church, set below road.
Tithe Map of 1841 shows buildings to somewhat different layout, farm was then owned by R Llewelyn of Tregwynt and occupied by John Williams.
c1840 house in rubble stone with hipped roofs and rubble stone stacks. Two storeys, square-plan with N entrance front and more prominent E front. E front is 4-window with grouted slate roof, hornless sashes, slate sills and rough stone voussoirs, but unusually the windows in the middle two bays on each floor are paired. 12-pane first-floor windows and 15-pane to ground floor. Centre ridge stack. Grouted slate to S end hipped roof which projects slightly. S side single-storey attached range, lean-to and hipped to E running back to W gable end with large stone stack. 4-bay long side with door in second bay from left, the windows all C20 under stone voussoirs and with slate sills. One window in E end. Roof of attached range and main house S and W roofs are imitation slate. Rear W range of main house has hipped roof, stone ridge stack, one-window range to right and centre lean-to.
N entrance front is three-window with centre door and narrow tripartite sashes each side, the first floor centre a pair. Hornless sashes, stone voussoirs and slate sills.
Rubble stone garden wall enclosing E and S sides. Curved stone well-head on E lawn.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]