Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Farm Court at Granston Hall
Situated immediately W of Granston Hall.
Agriculture and Subsistence
Early to mid C19 three-sided farm court, rubble stone with asbestos sheet roofs, hipped to rear SW and NW angles and SE end. Centre range has two doors with stone voussoir heads and narrow paired window under eaves to right over vent loop. To left, two vent loops and full-height opening in angle to S range. Rear has three similar paired windows under eaves to left over two loops, centre barn doors with renewed timber lintel, two paired windows to right over low blocked door. High door further right and vent loop beyond.
Long S range is of two builds, the E end canted in slightly. Rear wall built into roadside bank.
N range has four openings with stone voussoirs, window, window, door and window. Two vent loops under eaves over door. C20 opening in E end gable. Rear right has two small paired windows under eaves, into N end of W range, and broad opening below.
Reason for designation
Group value with Granston Hall. A range of buildings along S side is marked on 1841 Tithe Map, when farm was owned by R Llewelyn of Tregwynt, occupied by William Thomas.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]