Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Tregwynt Woollen Mill
Situated on lane some 700m N of Granston, E of Aberbach.
Marked on 1841 Tithe Map, then called Dyffryn Bach, owned by G J Harries and occupied by David Evans.
Early C19 water mill, whitewashed rubble stone with hipped asbestos-sheet roof. One rebuilt brick ridge stack. Two-storey front divided by earth embankment up to first floor door, to right of centre. One 12-pane sash to right and small ground floor window below. To left 12-pane sash and 16-pane sash over door, small 6-pane window and 16-pane sash. Rubble stone left end wall with ground floor door and C20 window. Rubble stone right end wall with curved angles and projecting square upper corners. One C20 window each floor. Rear has big C20 lean-to machinery shed for looms.
Ground floor centre big internal iron water-wheel, overshot, probably later C19. First-floor collar truss roof in pine with wooden pegs. One truss at left end dated ?/7/1819.
Reason for designation
One of the last working woollen mills in Dyfed; owned by Griffiths family since 1912.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]