Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Telephone Call Box adjoining E Side Of The Former Coal Exchange
On the pavement immediately outside the former Coal Exchange building; opposite Lloyds Bank.
K6 type square, red kiosk of cast-iron construction to the standard design of Giles Gilbert Scott, architect of London. Design introduced by GPO in 1936; this example manufactured by Carron Co, Stirlingshire.
Domed roof with four lunettes containg embossed King George VI crowns over red lettered opals and ventilation slits. Door has raised surrounds with marginal bars to horizontal perspex glazing. Blank rear, moulded plinth.
Reason for designation
Included for group value with other listed buildings in the Mount Stuart Square conservation area.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]