Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Telephone Call-box outside No.39A
In the centre of this unified Conservation Area of Victorian housing.
Design introduced by the GPO in 1936 to the standard design of Giles Gilbert Scott, architect of London, but this example may have been installed after WWII.
K6 type square, red kiosk of cast iron construction. Raised surrounds to the door and sides with marginal glazing bars to horizontal glazing. Blank rear, moulded plinth. Domed roof with 4 lunettes with King George VI crowns over red lettered opals and ventilation slits.
Reason for designation
Included as a telephone call box in a heritage location.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]