Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
397 Abergele Road
On the corner of Cefn Road.
Built in 1912 as the London City and Midland Bank Ltd by Woolfall and Eccles, architects, of Liverpool.
Ashlar, with rusticated plinth and outer pilasters. Hipped slate roof. Single storeyed, with angled corner and 3-window range to Cefn Road, 2 window range to Abergele Road, and entrance across angle. Channelled ashlar to this angle, which is surmounted by a high pediment. Round-arched entrance with continuous outer band of stylised foliate moulding, and scrolled keystone. Moulded brackets and festoons to frieze above. Windows in the return elevations to either side are also round-arched, and are recessed in moulded architraves with plain keystones, between Tuscan pilasters. Moulded band below plan frieze, modillion cornice and balustraded parapet.
Reason for designation
A good example of a small, early C20 bank building, which is part of a significant group of commercial buildings at the centre of Old Colwyn.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]