Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Located in the floor of the valley of the Brogan, with a slight earthwork agger leading directly to the A.490 at Bryngwyn Cottages, and close to a small moat.
Agriculture and Subsistence
Barn, c.1800 to early C19. Rubble dolerite stonework with a corrugated iron roof replacing the original slate. Greek cross plan, the 4-bay main E-W arms having segmental stone-quoined arched openings in the gable ends. The N arm has blank windows. Each external face has 2 tiers of slit vents with pitching doors in gables. Internally, the N and S arms have original intermediate floors. The jowled and stooled king-posts of the trusses carry angled braces to the principal rafters, which carry two tiers of purlins, the centre truss standing on square piers.
The S wing has been partially converted as a hafod c.1930 with the insertion of a 2-storey canted bay window on the E elevation.
The barn, claimed to be a 'tithe' barn, is included as an unusual type of well built field barn.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]