Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
At right-angles to the road on its SE side towards the crest of the hill shortly beyond the entrance to Powis Castle.
History: Built c1830, and associated with the Powis Castle kennels in 1840, so probably built by the estate to house a key worker.
Exterior: Brick with slate roof: single central stack. 2 storeys, 3 window range, symmetrically planned with central entrance and short central rear wing. 6-panelled door in trellised porch flanked by 12-pane sash windows to ground floor, and with 9-pane sash windows above, with flat arched brick heads.
The house retains its original character virtually intact - a well-detailed example of its type, which is of additional historical interest for its association with the Powis Estate.
Reference: 'A Map of the Upper Division of the Parish of Welshpool, 1840', National Library of Wales.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]