Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Former oil store at Caldey Lighthouse
Towards the SW of the lighthouse compound.
Lighthouse oil-store, dated 1875, built to a standard Trinity House design.
Oil-store, unpainted render over rubble stone and brick with grouted slate roof. Moulded kneelers to coped gables, rounded course under eaves. Single-storey with S end entry, quoins, tall doorway with hoodmould, double doors and blocked overlight. Date 1875 in raised letters above, under roundel vent with hoodmould. Lunette and roundel in S gable.
Render has fallen away on S end showing brickwork around doorway, stone in gable.
Reason for designation
Included as an element in the coherent group of structures associated with Caldey Lighthouse, and an integral part of the former working arrangements of it.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]