Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Telephone Call-box (01545 580469)
Situated in the centre of Oakford outside the Old Post Office.
Mid C20 telephone call-box to standard K6 design of Sir Gilbert Scott introduced in 1936. This example made before 1953 by the Lion Foundry Co Ltd, Kirkintilloch.
Red-painted cast-iron kiosk, square plan with two glazed sides and matching glazed door, the door a wooden frame to a cast-iron glazing panel. Glazing is in 8 horizontal panels each with marginal glazing bars and moulded cast-iron surround. Raised plinth. Top has shallow Soaneian dome with 4 lunettes with embossed George VI crown, over three glazed lettered panels, one renewed to different lettering. Plain cast-iron back with maker''s panel embossed.
Reason for designation
Included for prominent position in centre of village outside listed Former Post Office.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]