Full Report for Listed Buildings
Summary Description of a Listed Buildings
Date of Designation
Date of Amendment
Name of Property
Lych Gate in the churchyard of the Church of SS Asaph and Kentigern
On the W side of the churchyard.
Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Tablets record its building in 1735, rebuilding in 1857 and restoration in 1962, following the demolition of an adjacent school.
Lych gate with rubble stone gable ends supporting a slate roof. The outer (W) side is continuous with the churchyard perimeter wall and has double C19 wooden gates. The S gable end is battered, the result of restoration in 1962. Inside are ledges with slate benches, added in 1962. In the N wall are tablets inscribed 'William Jones, Peter Griffiths, Churchwardens 1735', above which is 'Ed Sanders, J Cartwright, Wardens 1857'. The tablet commemorating restoration in 1962 is in the S wall.
Reason for designation
Listed as a substantially C18 lych gate and for its contribution to the setting of the Church of SS Asaph and Kentigern and to the historic character of Llanasa.
Cadw : Full Report for Listed Buildings [ Records 1 of 1 ]